YOU ARE HEALED — PART TWO
By His Wounds, I Am Healed
INTRODUCTION
The theme for this month is “You Are Healed,” and today we continue with Part Two: You Are Healed.
Help me prophesy to your neighbour:
“You Are Healed!”
Say it again:
“You Are Healed!”
The Bible says, “He who is righteous, it is well with him.”
So say to someone:
“You Are Healed, in Jesus’ name!”
Amen.
Our focus today is simple:
You don't need drama; you need Rhema.
You need a revelation from the Word of God concerning your healing.
1. BY HIS WOUNDS, YOU ARE HEALED
Let's begin with 1 Peter 2:24:
“He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.”
By whose wounds are you healed?
By Jesus' wounds!
By His wounds, you are healed!
Last week, when we began this conversation about healing, we said that looking at Jesus on the cross—seeing His blood dripping down the tree—affects healing in our lives.
We picture Christ on the cross.
When we look at Christ on the cross, our hearts are also flooded with the love of God.
Why?
Because God gave Christ to us because of His love.
And when we understand that God loves us, we know that He does not abandon us in our condition.
We also said that seeing Christ on the cross reminds us that He went there instead of us.
He carried our sins.
He paid the price.
And because of what Christ accomplished, the Holy Spirit is able to bring transformation into our lives.
For those of us who are saved, we must understand our position in Christ.
Sin, sickness, and poverty cannot have the final authority over us because Christ has already paid the price.
The Scripture says:
“By His wounds, you are healed.”
2. UNDERSTANDING THE AUTHORITY OF CHRIST
Let's look at an account in Matthew 8.
A Roman officer came to Jesus because his servant was seriously sick.
Matthew 8:6 says:
“Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”
Jesus responded:
“I will come and heal him.”
But the officer replied:
“Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.”
What a statement of faith!
This man understood authority.
He understood that authority does not always require physical presence.
He understood that a command from someone in authority can produce a result even when that person is not physically present.
He explained:
“I am a man who takes orders and gives orders. I tell one soldier, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and another, ‘Come,’ and he comes.”
This was his basis for faith.
He understood military authority.
If a general gives an order, the soldiers don't begin to negotiate.
When the command is given:
They obey.
The Roman officer was saying, in essence:
“Jesus, You are in authority over sickness. You don't need to come to my house. Just give the order.”
And Jesus was amazed at his faith.
Matthew 8:10 says:
“I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Israel.”
This man was not even a Jew, yet he understood something that many people who knew the Scriptures had failed to understand.
God's principles are no respecter of persons.
They don't respect tribe.
They don't respect gender.
They don't respect social class.
Whoever understands the principle and operates in faith can experience the result.
3. WHERE ARE YOU STANDING?
There is something important about understanding your position in Christ.
I remember an experience in church where people came forward for prayer.
A particular man began manifesting. Whether he was possessed or oppressed by an evil spirit, the spirit became uncomfortable as prayers continued.
The spirit began speaking through the man to intimidate people.
He looked at one person and said:
“I know what you did last night.”
Because the person knew what he had done, he became quiet.
Then the spirit turned to another person and asked:
“Where are you standing?”
The man responded:
“I am standing on my feet.”
The spirit slapped him.
Then the spirit asked another person:
“Where are you standing?”
And the person answered:
“I'm not standing. I'm seated in Christ Jesus!”
And that was it.
Why?
Because he understood his position.
He understood his authority.
He knew where he was standing spiritually.
And this is what the Roman officer understood.
When you are higher than something, you don't struggle with it. You exercise authority.
You give an order.
So this morning, we are going to give orders!
Are you ready?
4. SECURE THE WORD
The Roman officer secured a word from Jesus concerning his servant.
He secured Christ's command for healing.
And Jesus said to him:
“Go back home, because you believed, it has happened.”
And the servant was healed that same hour.
So I declare over someone:
Because you believe, you are healed!
Because you believe, your hope is restored!
Because you believe, your health is restored!
Because you believe, your finances are restored!
Because you believe, your business is restored!
Because you believe, what you have lost is restored!
In the name of Jesus!
5. YOU NEED A REVELATION
What is important for you?
Get a revelation.
Proverbs says:
“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And with all your getting, get understanding.”
So I am saying to somebody:
With all your getting, get a revelation for your healing!
You need to search the Scriptures.
You need to find a Word that speaks directly to your situation.
Don't just look for excitement.
Don't just look for emotion.
Don't just look for drama.
You need Rhema!
6. YOU NEED NO DRAMA; YOU NEED RHEMA
There is a story in 2 Kings 5 about Naaman.
Naaman was a great general, but he had leprosy.
He came to Elisha expecting something spectacular.
He had imagined the prophet coming out personally.
He thought:
“I thought he would come out.”
“I thought he would wave his hands.”
“I thought he would put his hands on the affected place.”
“I thought he would call on the name of his God.”
He was looking for drama.
But Elisha simply gave him an instruction:
Go and wash in the Jordan.
Naaman became angry.
Why?
Because what he received was not dramatic enough for his expectation.
He almost missed his miracle because he was looking for drama instead of revelation.
But his servant reasoned with him:
If the prophet had asked you to do something difficult, wouldn't you have done it?
Why not obey this simple instruction?
Naaman eventually obeyed.
And his healing came.
You don't need drama. You need Rhema.
Sometimes, the Word God gives you may appear simple.
But when that Word becomes revelation in your spirit, it carries power.
7. SEARCH FOR YOUR WORD
Psalm 107:20 says:
“He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.”
He sent His Word.
And the Word brought healing.
He sent His Word.
And the Word brought deliverance.
So I declare:
Deliverance is coming your way!
For someone, this week, you are saved from death!
For a family, this week, you are saved from death!
For a business owner, this week, your business is saved from death!
And for someone in business:
You are saved from a scam!
Nobody will scam you successfully!
In the name of Jesus!
Your responsibility is to search and meditate on the Word of God until your Word is delivered.
To search means to go looking.
You go looking for something.
You keep looking until you find it.
In the same way, search the Scriptures for your Word.
Find it.
Meditate on it.
Speak it.
Believe it.
8. THE WORD BRINGS LIFE AND HEALING
Proverbs 4:20–22 says:
“My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart. For they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.”
Did you hear that?
They bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body!
You have to search for the Word.
Because:
There is life in the Word!
There is healing in the Word!
There is strength in the Word!
There is hope in the Word!
There is direction in the Word!
9. JESUS FOUND HIS DESTINY IN THE WORD
Even Jesus understood the importance of revelation.
Although He Himself was the Word that became flesh, He still located His assignment in Scripture.
In Luke 4, Jesus went into the synagogue.
The scroll of Isaiah was handed to Him.
He opened it and found the place where it was written:
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free.”
Jesus found His assignment in the Word.
He located His destiny in Scripture.
You too must find your Word.
Find the Word that speaks to your situation.
Find the promise.
Find the revelation.
And when you find it, hold on to it.
10. WHAT YOU HEAR CAN CHANGE YOUR CONDITION
I declare over someone in this service:
Captives are set free!
The oppressed are released!
Everyone oppressed by sickness and infirmity—
You are released in Jesus' name!
The hold of sickness over your family is destroyed!
If a disease has been travelling through your lineage—
That cycle is terminated in your life!
In the name of Jesus!
For someone today, you will hear something.
And what you hear will change your condition.
What you hear will terminate disease!
What you hear will neutralize curses!
What you hear will change doctors' reports!
That negative report is overturned!
In the name of Jesus!
Death is cancelled over someone!
In Jesus' name!
11. A WORD THAT RESTORES STRENGTH
Let me share something personal.
While I was a student in the university, I had a particular Bible.
That Bible was my companion.
I marked it in so many places.
Anytime I was asked to bring my Bible and I didn't have that particular Bible with me, I felt incomplete.
There were so many promises of God that I had marked.
I would read them again and again.
Years later, I was married and raising a family, and things were not running well.
I had what you might call mild depression.
I lost interest in some things.
Then I caught myself and said:
“But this is not you!”
I knew I needed to activate joy.
And I knew I couldn't activate joy by taking spirits in a bottle.
I needed the Spirit from the Word!
Hallelujah!
The Spirit from the Word!
So I picked up that Bible and began to read.
I read.
And I still didn't feel anything.
Then I said to myself:
“If you cannot find joy here, you are done for.”
So I kept reading.
I read aloud.
Over and over.
And then something happened.
The joy came back!
The Word became alive again.
The light came back on those Scriptures.
And I got my strength back.
So I pray for somebody:
You will get your strength back!
Whatever defeated you before, as you go back to the Word—
You will become victorious!
In the name of Jesus!
12. PRAY UNTIL YOU GET YOUR REVELATION
Your assignment is simple:
Pray until you get the revelation.
Stay in the Word until God drops a Word into your heart.
Stay with it until that Word becomes light.
Stay with it until that Word becomes life.
Stay with it until that Word becomes personal to you.
Because when the Word becomes revelation, faith rises.
And when faith rises, you can stand.
You can speak.
You can command.
You can believe.
You can receive.
13. SPEAK TO YOUR BODY
The Word we have been leveraging on is 1 Peter 2:24:
“He personally carried my sins in his body on the cross so that I can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds, I am healed.”
Don't just read it.
Personalize it.
Say:
“By His wounds, I am healed!”
Again:
“By His wounds, I am healed!”
One more time:
“BY HIS WOUNDS, I AM HEALED!”
Now, if there is any sickness in your body, speak to your body.
If there is any pain in your body, speak to that pain.
If there is any condition troubling you, speak to it.
Don't focus only on the condition.
Focus on the Word!
Speak the Word.
Believe the Word.
Meditate on the Word.
And let the Word become Rhema to you.
CONCLUSION
You don't need drama.
You need Rhema.
You need a Word from God that becomes alive in your heart.
A Word that gives you strength.
A Word that gives you hope.
A Word that activates your faith.
A Word that gives you direction.
A Word that brings healing.
The Bible says:
“He sent His Word and healed them.”
So search for your Word.
Meditate on your Word.
Speak your Word.
Believe your Word.
And stand in the authority that Christ has given you.
Because:
BY HIS WOUNDS, YOU ARE HEALED!
YOU ARE HEALED!
YOU ARE HEALED!
In Jesus' mighty name. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment