Pages

WORDAPIRATION: LIVING THE LIFE WE TEACH.

How often have we heard these words!  We know what to do, we can even teach others what is right, but do we follow through and listen to ourselves?  I believe that is why we get so upset when a teacher, minister, judge or policeman gets into trouble for doing the wrong thing.  After all they are the ones who either teach or enforce the rules for others.  As Christians we are expected to be examples, role models for Christian behavior.  We are called to be loving and forgiving, and therefore called to a higher moral standard than non-believers  I once heard an interesting question given during a sermon: "If the Christians were being persecuted today, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"  Would they find kindness, would they see a life dedicated to serving others?  If they followed you, or me, for a week, could they tell that you are the Christian in the group?  I can only judge myself and know that there have been times when I would have been embarrassed by my behavior.  I know that I was not always patient with my children, or kind to co-workers, or friends.  There certainly have been times when I could have been less judgmental and more willing to go the extra mile for a friend.  I only ask that God gives me the grace to be a better example going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment